Saturday, October 2, 2010

Hello Endo

I went to see Dr. Z yesterday.  It was unplanned, I honestly was considering just not going in again...maybe ever.  Maybe just not until January.  But I woke up yesterday morning and started to feel some sporadic little pains in my lower abdomen.  Then some bigger pain.  Then I got to work, had to rush to a meeting I was running, and started getting some "oh no, holy sh*t, not right now I can't start crying again in front of my co-workers" pain.  I was hunched over in my chair and shaking.

Luckily after about 30 minutes it dissipated to a bad ache and I was able to walk around a little easier.  But it still felt like I'd been kicked several times right in the ovaries...the right ovary to be exact.  So I decided it might not be a bad idea to actually schedule that follow-up appointment.  They said they could get me in that day. So I did it.

Sat down with Dr. Z, reviewed the fact that there was "villi" in the tissue removed from my uterus (it was a pregnancy) and next steps.  They didn't have the genetic testing results back yet, that can take a while and might not even come back with any sort of result. I'm just at the whatevs stage now, I can't really bother myself with caring anymore. Sad.

But Dr. Z felt pretty certain the pain was just endometriosis rearing it's ugly head.  Maybe mid-cycle stretching? Ovulating in a horrific fashion? He wanted me to stay off of BCP until I'd gotten some follow-up liver function tests.  And this is my body's way of saying "did you not learn the last time you were off of birth control, dumbass?"  So he did another liver function test and I'm going to start back on BCP with my next cycle.

He didn't feel the need to do another ultrasound because a) it'll cost me money and b) he has an easy out with the endometriosis diagnosis for any random abdominal pain complaints, so why even bother?  I mean, I guess I would agree. They can't really do anything about it anyway.  And if it was a ruptured cyst or something, it wasn't as bad as it could have been and there's nothing we can do about that either. 

He did another HCG test as well. I'll get all of these results back next week.  He wants to see a negative HCG for at least six weeks before trying IVF again...but I think we're probably gonna take a little longer than that.  Not much longer, but a little longer. 

We discussed some of the other next steps before we try again.  He wants to do another hysteroscopy to check out my uterine cavity now that I've had a D&C, check for any scarring, etc.  We'll do that later, closer to when we're ready to go for round 2.  I also need to go get another MRI for the pituitary tumor to get a baseline size reading. It's been a year and a half since I've checked it, that's not good.

I also haven't had an annual exam in a couple of ridiculous with all of the checking of my lady business that's gone on in the last two years.  And there's still more checking to do.

So B and I went out last night for an awesome dinner and a movie, it was perfection. Lots of vino at dinner, but not before I stopped off for a little happy hour after work with my boss, my ex boss, and some other coworkers.  Needless to say, I woke up hungover this morning.  ...what? I needed a drink!


  1. Ugh...double ugh. Don't you wish you could just drop your uterus and surrounding lady parts off at the "lady business mechanic" and pick them up when they have been tested and fixed and deemed ready to have a baby? Sorry about all the tests and all the waiting for results, but your evening out sounded great and much needed. :)

  2. I came across your blog while searching for health related blogs. I just wanted to wish you the very best. I do not envy the challenges you are faced with and hope that you are blessed with the baby you desire.