1. Reiterate my goal and where I stand in reference to this goal:
Starting Weight: 205# (since 2-3wks pp)
Last Week's Weight: 207# (was approximately 200# at time of BFP, before the hyperemesis kicked in, was up to 250# by 35 weeks pregnant)
Current Weight: 205.8#
Goal Weight: 180# (normal would be 144-189)
Starting BMI: 27 (I'm 6'1" by the way)
Last Week's BMI: 27.4
Current BMI: 27.1
Goal BMI: 23.7 ("normal" is 18.5-24.9)
2. Discuss what I am going to do to achieve my goals/progress:
- Drink 16oz of water every time I pump: I started upping my water intake this past week and it makes ALL the difference when I'm having some serious cravings or just can't seem to get full. When I stop to think about it, I'm usually thirsty at that moment.
- Eat some form of protein four times per day, working up to eating protein with every snack and meal: Lots of deli meat consumption. I really need to get better at having meals outside of dinner. Right now I'm just snacking all day and then having a big dinner. So I'm ravenous by the end of the day usually, not good. I need to make time to eat breakfast and lunch...and then snack in between. I want to start eating more oatmeal at breakfast and then I'll build up to lunch preparation. :)
- Walk 1 mile 3x per week, working up to jogging 2-3x per week using the Couch-to-5k program: I finished Week 3 of the C25k today! Starting Week 4 on Friday or Saturday, and I'm pretty stoked. I haven't taken the babies out since our last walk a few days ago because Caleb ended up screaming when I was about a quarter mile from our house and I actually had to pick him up out of the stroller and push the stroller with Grace in it with one hand the rest of the way home. Not fun.
- Limit to one "treat" per day!! : Yeah, not bad this week, but I'm craving treats ALL THE TIME right now. I need to get over this hump. All I want is chocolate. I bought some carmel rice cakes that satisfy a bit of that sweet craving. But I also bought some cinnamon sugar pita chips and ate almost the whole bag in one sitting. Oy.
Activities for this coming week:
-Couch to 5k beginning Week 4
-Walk with the babies if not jogging
3. Post a (reasonably healthy) recipe that I've tried, a cooking tip, a new idea for working out for people to try, a photo update of my weight loss, or anything else I feel like sharing.
I did my first mini-circuit in our in home gym today after my run and it was fabulous. Here's what I did:
1 straight minute of each exercise, 30 seconds rest in between stations:
Knee-Up Crunches (on our power tower, but any lower ab work will do)
Squat/Bicep Curl/Delt Raises Combo lift with 5# weights
Standing medicine ball twist (obliques)
Tricep Extensions with 5# weights
Plank on the physio ball (could only hold for 40 seconds then 10 seconds)
Round the World Lunges
I always like to do a full-body circuit with a core exercise in between each body group (core, arms, core, legs, core, fulll body, etc) I'll work up to adding at least five more exercises and then build up to two rounds of the circuit, and then extending the stations to 1.5 minutes and then 2 minutes each as I continue to build on the program. Circuit training is SO go for you, building in cardio to your strength training. I loved our circuit days when I was training in college. They were WAY more intense than I'll ever get back to now (including bleachers, rope climbs, pull-ups, med ball throws, etc), but it feels good to be doing the same type of work.
Oh, and here's a fun comparison of our little luckies!
|16 weeks 2 days old|
|6 days old|