Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Wednesday Weekly Weigh-In 18wPP

Oh my goodness my babies are 18 weeks old already!?! (wiping away tear...)



1. Reiterate my goal and where I stand in reference to this goal:


Starting Weight: 205# (since 2-3wks pp)
Last Week's Weight: 203.6# (was approximately 200# at time of BFP, before the hyperemesis kicked in, was up to 250# by 35 weeks pregnant)
Current Weight: 202.6#
Goal Weight: 180# (normal would be 144-189)


Starting BMI: 27 (I'm 6'1" by the way)
Last Week's BMI: 26.9
Current BMI: 26.7
Goal BMI: 23.7 ("normal" is 18.5-24.9)


2. Discuss what I am going to do to achieve my goals/progress:

- Drink 16oz of water every time I pump: Did much better about drinking this week.  I grab a bottle of water almost everytime I pump and plenty of times in between. Running is making me way thirstier, too, so I need to make sure to stay on top of it.

- Eat some form of protein four times per day, working up to eating protein with every snack and meal: Ugh, not my best eating-habits week.  I had a few more carb-loaded snacks than I'd like to admit...and a few more chocolates as well :(  There's always next week...

- Walk 1 mile 3x per week, working up to jogging 2-3x per week using the Couch-to-5k program: I finished week 5 yesterday with a 20 MINUTE STRAIGHT RUN!!!  Oh man, it feels great to be into the "straight running" portion of the program.  There are still some intervals over the next couple of weeks, but I'm getting closer to my 30 minutes of straight running goal again.  From there, I'll start a slow-progression half marathon training program.  When I did the PF Cha.ng's Half Marathon a couple years ago, I made it with under 10 minute miles, without stopping. I'm running on my treadmill at a 5.2-5.5 speed, so I've got a little ways to go before I'm at my same pace...but baby steps.  :)  I'll get there again!

- Limit to one "treat" per day!! : No no no, awful.  I bought a bunch of tasty granola bars...that are basically candy...and I treat them like granola bars.  No good.


Activities for this coming week:

-Couch to 5k beginning Week 6!!!

-Walk with the babies if not jogging -- Still haven't taken the babies for a walk again. What am I doing??? It's gonna get wicked hot here soon, it's perfect weather right now. I need to take advantage!  How do I handle the nap schedule with this though??? They rarely nap in the stroller anymore. 

3. Post a (reasonably healthy) recipe that I've tried, a cooking tip, a new idea for working out for people to try, a photo update of my weight loss, or anything else I feel like sharing.


Tip:  This happens to me everytime, and a lot of other beginning runners I know.  If you're just starting out running (or most forms of exercise really, ESPECIALLY swimming), you're probably not really burning that many additional calories. The C25k program feels like it's burning wicked calories if you're not used to running, but it sorta tricks you because it makes you WAY hungrier than normal.  This is a trap! Don't give in! You don't really need that many more calories of food to keep up with your new found exercise routine, even though your "hunger" is telling you otherwise.  Try to hold it off with a few nuts, some string cheese (if you're on dairy...whimper whimper) or a spoonful of PB with an apple. Once you get into it a little further and can run longer distances/times, that's when you'll need some extra calories to help fuel you.

Also (not weight related), I saw this blog post and it was just so lovely.  Thought I'd pass it along:

http://thegypsymama.com/2012/02/100-ways-to-encourage-a-new-mom/

For those new moms- what one thing do you wish someone would have done for you right after your little(s) was born...or what one thing did someone do for you that was SO incredibly helpful/caring/warm/lovely post-partum?

1 comment:

  1. Wow - I'm so impressed that you've stuck so well to the C25K routine!! I can't wait for it to get nicer here so I can as well!

    I loved meals that were made in disposable foil pans, so I didnt' have to worry about giving the pan back to the right person! I also loved when people took pics of me with Stella, since that rarely happens!

    ReplyDelete