Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Weekly Wednesday Weigh-In (15 Wks PP)



I'm BACK! I've been sick for the last week and a half and HATING it...so I jumped off the weigh-in bandwagon for a bit as I stuffed my face with comfort food and put a serious dent in my couch cushion. I'm cutting myself some slack on the past two weeks because of the death-like symptoms ;) but now that the snot has stopped spewing from my nose and my head isn't pounding nearly as much, I'm hoping to get back into the swing of things.  It's hard enough to take care of twin infants when you're sick...I'm not gonna go asking myself to do that WHILE being a healthy human being. ;)
1. Reiterate my goal and where I stand in reference to this goal:


Starting Weight: 205#  (since 2-3wks pp)
Last Week's Weight: 208# (was approximately 200# at time of BFP, before the hyperemesis kicked in, was up to 250# by 35 weeks pregnant)
Current Weight: 207#

Goal Weight: 180# (normal would be 144-189)
Starting BMI: 27 (I'm 6'1" by the way)

Last Week's BMI: 27.4
Current BMI: 27.3
Goal BMI: 23.7 ("normal" is 18.5-24.9)



2. Discuss what I am going to do to achieve my goals:
- Drink 16oz of water every time I pump
- Eat some form of protein four times per day, working up to eating protein with every snack and meal
- Walk 1 mile 3x per week, working up to jogging 2-3x per week using the Couch-to-5k program
- Limit to one "treat" per day!!

Progress on last week's activities/goals:
- You would think that I was hydrating more because I was sick, but you'd be wrong. My throat hurt and swallowing made it worse, so I wasn't so good about my water intake.  I'm seeing it in my milk supply, too. Gotta get on that!!!
- I've been purchasing deli meat every week to nibble on instead of things like pretzels.  I also was eating hard boiled eggs every day as a snack...but I ran out. Need to get on that, too.  I'm cutting out my dairy for a bit, so that removes some of my protein rich go-tos, so I'll need to find some more.  Peanut butter will be my friend.
- I finished week 2 of the C25k before I got sick, and haven't run since a week and a half ago.  I'm going to try out the first day of week 3 this week and see if I need to back track a bit. Hopefully not.

- The "one treat per day" mantra has helped a little.  I'm not following it so well right now, but I think I'll latch onto that mantra to help me now that I'm feeling better.

Activities for this coming week:
-Couch to 5k beginning Week 3
-Walk with the babies if not jogging


3. Post a (reasonably healthy) recipe that I've tried, a cooking tip, a new idea for working out for people to try, a photo update of my weight loss, or anything else I feel like sharing.
So this is ABSOLUTELY against anything "weigh in" appropriate, it's actually the opposite...but I just needed to get this out there- "Smash" is the best.show.ever.  I loved the pilot.  Loved it.  I can't wait for next week!
 
Also, have you ever noticed that watching "The Biggest Loser" motivates you to workout? It's doing wonders for me! Watch it.

2 comments:

  1. I record TBL on the DVR in our bedroom so I can watch it while I'm on the elliptical machine. I always work out harder if I'm watching that show!

    Glad to hear you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are feeling fine again soon.

    ReplyDelete