Ugh. I had a PHENOMENAL time this week eating my life away and really enjoying some serious vino. It showed up, of course, on the scale...but I gotta say, I'm not all that mad. ;)
1. Reiterate my goal and where I stand in reference to this goal:
Starting Weight: 205# (since 2-3wks pp, 250# @ 35weeks with Twins)
Last Week's Weight: 202.6# (was approximately 200# at time of BFP, before the hyperemesis kicked in, was up to 250# by 35 weeks pregnant)
Current Weight: 204.8#
Goal Weight: 180# (normal would be 144-189)
Starting BMI: 27 (I'm 6'1" by the way)
Last Week's BMI: 26.7
Current BMI: 27.0
Goal BMI: 23.7 ("normal" is 18.5-24.9)
2. Discuss what I am going to do to achieve my goals/progress:
- Drink 16oz of water every time I pump: Eh, it's hit or miss on this one. I need to focus focus focus.
- Eat some form of protein four times per day, working up to eating protein with every snack and meal: Haha, can you say "dessert"? Yeah, I went crazy on the desserts on Saturday night/Sunday afternoon...and then just kinda kept doing it. Didn't really eat a turkey slice or some eggs with each of those cookies...
- Walk 1 mile 3x per week, working up to jogging 2-3x per week using the Couch-to-5k program: I only did two days of running this past week instead of three. I also had to stop and walk yesterday during Week 6 Day 2, which is 2x 10 min run with 3 min walk in between. That second 10 min run got to me and I stopped after about 4 minutes, started again a minute later, and stopped again about 30 seconds later when I said "F you 10 minute run". I did this run outside for the first time in a while, which is much different than running on a treadmill. I think that put me over the edge. And I'm wicked sleep deprived right now- Grace is waking up grunting and growling two or three times each night. I think I rocked out 3 hours of sleep last night... SLEEP CHILD, SLEEP! ugh.
- Limit to one "treat" per day!! : Why is this such a damn hangup for me? I'm addicted to sweets.
Activities for this coming week:
-Couch to 5k finish week 6 and run two days of week 7!
-Walk with the babies if not jogging -- B and I decided we are taking the babies out for a walk this weekend NO MATTER WHAT. It's so nice out right now, we need to take advantage.
3. Post a (reasonably healthy) recipe that I've tried, a cooking tip, a new idea for working out for people to try, a photo update of my weight loss, or anything else I feel like sharing.
Hmmm, oh- maybe a tip? I used to use http://www.sparkpeople.com/ to help me track my fitness and meals everyday. I didn't have the discipline to keep up with it, but it was really great while I was using it and it's FREE. There are forums for questions, exercise and meal suggestions, a fun little competitive point program, and a place to create your own profile with pictures, goals, and stuff that inspires you. If you're needing a little extra motivation or something to get you a bit more excited, this might be a great place to start.
Here are a few pics of the little luckies while I'm here...cuz I just can't help myself! :)