Sunday, January 22, 2012

Three Months Old!

My sweet, sweet Grace and Caleb:

You're three months old today and I'm having trouble wrapping my mind around the fact that you're not tiny newborns anymore! There's so much about the both of you that is still so new, so fragile. But there's so much more that has changed and shaped into these two big personalities, my babies!

Gracie Mae, my beautiful little girl.  You, my love, have become such an easy going and curious little lady! You would spend hours just staring at all of the different sights around you if you didn't have to do that whole sleep/eat/poop thing that babies do.  I find you staring at the ceiling fan, the curtains, the window, and the tv all the time- just exploring this big world around you. You're very contemplative, and you're content to sit and watch most of the time.  You do have your fussy moments, but you know what you want and you're just trying to let us know what that is (and my love, it's almost always your best friend the BINKY!).


Today you are just barely fitting into three month clothes, finally!  There are still some 0-3 month outfits that are big on you, but you're growing everyday (slowly but surely).  You're in size 1 diapers and they're starting to fit you a little better nowadays.  You're eating 3-4 ounces of breast milk at every feeding, and you're starting to space out your bottles a little more now, too! 



You still have dark blue eyes, and I'm starting to wonder if you're going to keep them instead of being a brown eyed girl like I thought. They're so big and SO pretty, I could stare into them all day long. 

You've got a bald spot on the back of your head from the countless times you look from left to right to left again...all of that curiosity and exploring at work!  But you've still got a head of dark brown hair that almost has a redish tint in the light.  It's not as full or thick as it used to be, but you've got the cutest little rat tail on the back of your head where it's kept growing!

You LOVE to be naked most of the time, I think  you might be a bit uncomfortable in your clothes because baby girl, you've got some dry skin.  I'm pretty sure you have eczema, just like your mommy!  We are putting some cream on it to try and help, hopefully that starts making you feel a little less squirmy.  You really love being in the water and we had your first full bath in the big bathtub with mommy just a few days ago!  You kicked and splashed around almost the whole time and seemed to love it for a little while. When you started grunting it was time to get out, but man oh man did you scream when we pulled you out!



You have discovered your brother and you can't stop staring at him. He's a pretty interesting guy, but he hasn't quite figured you out yet, so usually you just stare at him while he continues to do whatever he's doing.  There's a few things that will pull you away though, like the lion on your play mat! You will bat at that thing over and over to hear the jingle bell noise it makes.  You've also started to try and grab the rings on your play mat, and you got them a couple of times, but not quite consistently yet.


You struggled with tummy time up until about a week ago, and now you're doing great at it (as long as you don't spit up...which usually happens after about three minutes on your tummy, poor little lady!).  You'll check yourself out in the mirror and try to stare at your brother again.  But your favorite thing right now is the bumbo chair because it gives you a great view to check out everything around you! Even the cat, who you've grown fond of recently!


Grace, I don't ever want to forget the way you open your eyes super wide whenever I make a funny sound or do something new.  My favorite time of the day is when I get you out of your crib in the morning, the house is really quiet, and you look at me with the biggest smile on your face.  You're still a little shy with your smiles, so when you decide to flash one at me, it absolutely melts my heart.  I will do anything for a Grace smile.



I love you so much, baby girl.  I dream of all the things that we'll do together when you're older.  I stare at your tiny hands and your absolutely perfect feet and think about us getting pedicures together, or walking you to the bus stop holding your hand.  I can't wait to see what next month brings, but I also never want you to grow out of this tiny baby phase.  You're so little and so beautiful, I hope you know how in love with you I am and how my world revolves around your coos and gurgles.




My handsome Caleb, you've grown so much this month and your little personality is shining through more every day!  You have the most infectious smile and I absolutely adore that you flash it when you hear my voice!  You're a bit of a momma's boy and I couldn't be happier! I could snuggle you all day, and I love when you fall asleep on the bottle in my arms.

It seems like every day you get bigger and bigger.  You're over 15 pounds now, probably closer to 16! You're wearing size 6 months clothes most of the time, and when we try to fit you into 3 month stuff, you look like a sausage! You love to eat and sometimes, even if I don't want to, you demand to be fed.  You're a strong willed little man already, and you make sure to let us know when you've got something to say! You eat 5-7 ounces of breast milk every feed...and sometimes you'll down up to 9 ounces in one sitting! It's hard to keep up with you, but luckily I've been able to so far so you have enough to eat.  I'm just hoping 9 is your max :)




You've really found your voice over the past few weeks and you'll spend all of play time chatting up your toys and squawking at me to pay attention to you, which I don't mind in the least!  Your noises are so cute, I wish I could keep them filling the house forever...but I know these noises will change and grow into even better sounds of laughter soon, and I can't wait! You look like you're on the verge of laughing all the time, but you haven't gotten one out yet. I'm on the edge of my seat in anticipation, though!





You were rocking out tummy time for a while there, and you were actually pushing up a little bit. Recently it seems you've had a little more trouble, I think because you're growing so fast and it's hard for your little muscles to keep up! But you've taken on a new fondness for playing on your mat on your back! You'll swat at the toys hanging above you, and you've developed really good aim! You'll bat the lion and the elephant over and over again. I can see you thinking about grabbing the rings, and every once in a while, you'll try.  You haven't been able to do it yet, but you're getting close! You usually play with your arms locked straight out, so it makes it hard for you to really grab...but you're starting to bend and open your fists a bit,so I think it's coming soon!


You also rolled over from tummy to back for the first time a few days ago, and unfortunately I missed it...but Daddy saw! I can't wait for you to do it again, can you make sure I'm there next time?

My love, you've got your fussy times and the doctor said you might have colic. The night times are a little rough for you sometimes and all you want is to be held and walked around (facing outward) so you can check out what's going on around you. You love the movement, and I wish I knew what was making you so sad.  But sometimes you're super happy at night and loving to play and smile at me.  Hopefully we'll see more good nights come in the next month! For now, we'll keep walking you around or putting you in your swing (you LOVE napping in your swing!) to make you feel better.  You're also still fighting an eye infection and we've had to give you antibiotics in your bottles twice a day this past week, and you've been on two rounds of antibiotic eye meds (we had to put ointment in your eye for a week, then drops for a week- poor guy, I'm so sorry!).  It's getting better, but you'll wake up crying and scratching at your eye...so we have to keep your little hands in mittens so you don't actually scratch it. We're trying to make you feel better, and hopefully it will go away soon so you don't have to be uncomfortable, little man! I hate seeing you sad!



Caleb, I never want to forget the adorable little squeaks you make when you're sleepily eating in my arms. You gobble down your food and have to stop to take a rest. Each breath you take comes out with a tiny little squeak and it is the cutest thing in the world.  I also don't want to forget how funny you look when you're focusing on pooping! It gets me to laugh every time, even if you ruin every outfit we've bought for you!  You squint, and arch your back and then make the cutest little noises...I'm going to remind you of this when you're older and probably 250 pounds of muscle!



Baby boy, I can't tell you enough how much I love you.  You have completely changed me and I look forward to every Caleb smile and every squawk! I feel so lucky to have you and to be able to soothe you when you're sad or uncomfortable. I hope you know how much you mean to me and I can't wait for what next month will bring.  Maybe don't grow quite so fast though, because I need to hold onto your snuggles for as long as possible! They make my world go around. 




My babies, my luckies.  This has been an absolutely amazing three months learning your personalities, your cries, your noises; making you smile and trying to get you to laugh!  Thank you for filling my heart with such love and such indescribable joy. Oh, and thank you for deciding to sleep 6 hours in a row last night, you made my day! :)







I love you, Grace and Caleb, with all of my heart!

2 comments:

  1. Three months already? Wow.

    LOVE the progression pics. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there,

    First of all, your babies are PRECIOUS. beyond precious!! What a blessing they must be to you!

    Second of all, I just started to follow you today after researching "symptoms for 2dp5dt"......yes, I had two grade-A embies transferred on Monday, January 23. :) This has been a 3-year journey, though not as rocky as yours, and it's nice to see your thoughts as you walked the IVF road. We too needed ICSI to fertilize my eggs; I had 21 eggs retrieved and 17 fertilized......13 were still going strong on day 5, two were transferred, and 5 were developed enough for freezing today. Anyway. Dont mean to babble on and on, just wanted to thank you for your insights......I'm inspired to start blogging my journey as well, to document what has transpired. :) Hug those precious babies from me (as if you needed any excuse) and take care! :)

    ReplyDelete