Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Weekly Wednesday Weigh-In: 12 Weeks Post-Partum




I'm joining in (way late) on Josey's Wednesday Weekly Weigh-Ins because, wow, I need to.  Mainly 1) I'm super unmotivated to do anything healthy for myself cuz I'm putting basically all of me into these babies and 2) ugh, I can't fit into ANYTHING right now. I mean, nothing.  My maternity stuff fits wrong, my normal clothes fit wrong. I'm not that far from my pre-pregnancy weight or size, but I'm just a bit off...plus, I wasn't where I needed to be pre-pregnancy anyway.  I had IVF weight to boot, and some post-miscarriage weight as well...when I wasn't up for anything remotely healthy either.

So here I go- I haven't taken any pictures of myself since the night the babies were born, so I'll try to remember to do that next week...even though I really, really don't want to. Ugh.  But it's important that I stop living in denial, put down the sour candies and potato chips, and get my ass in gear.  Not just for me, but for my little family as well.  They need me to be happy and healthy!




1. Reiterate my goal and where I stand in reference to this goal:



Starting Weight: 205# today mid-day (I'll try to take a morning weight next week- but I have to eat and drink a ton overnight anyway- more on that in my next post on my pumping-lifestyle!)

Last Week's Weight: 205# (was approximately 200# at time of BFP, before the hyperemesis kicked in, was up to 250# by 35 weeks pregnant)

Current Weight: 205#
Goal Weight: 180# (normal would be 144-189)


Starting BMI: 27

Last Week's BMI: 27

Current BMI: 27

Goal BMI: 23.7 ("normal" is 18.5-24.9)



2. Discuss what I am going to do to achieve my goals:


I'm going to go with some of Josey's great recommendations here-

- Drink 16oz of water everytime I pump

- Eat some form of protein four times per day, working up to eating protein with every snack and meal

- Walk 1 mile 3x per week, working up to jogging 2-3x per week using the Couch-to-5k program


Progress on last week's activities/goals:

- Currently I'm drinking a pretty good amount of water most days, but I'm not consistent by any means.  I'm often drinking a lot of orange juice, which I need to cut back on.

- My eating habits have tanked severely and I need to get them back in line asap.  I  know myself, and jumping in feet first never produces good results- so I'm going to work gradually at this by upping my protein intake before starting to cut any of the bad stuff out.  I know I need more protein, and being conscious of this helps me eat better anyway.

- This week I've only walked .5 miles once, but I was carrying Caleb in a carrier, so that's gotta count for something. ;)  I need to commit to taking the babies out at least twice per week and if I can't get three times, then I need to get out once on my own when B gets home from work!  So far I've done the C25k three times total...still working on "Week 1". By the middle of next week I'd like to have done two more rounds and be starting on Week 2.

Activities for this coming week:

-Couch to 5k Week 1
-Walk with the babies if not jogging


On-going Life Style Goals:

- Drink 16oz of water everytime I pump
- Eat some form of protein four times per day, working up to eating protein with every snack and meal
- Walk 1 mile 3x per week, working up to jogging 2-3x per week using the Couch-to-5k program




3. Post a (reasonably healthy) recipe that I've tried, a cooking tip, a new idea for working out for people to try, a photo update of my weight loss, or anything else I feel like sharing.

Couch to 5k Running Program is totally the only way I started running and was able to get to running a half marathon.  I started small so I would avoid any injuries or burn out and it absolutely worked. It built in me a love for running which I NEVER thought I'd have.  Download the C25k podcasts to help yourself out during the runs, it's a life saver. I hate having to watch a clock or count mileage during a run.  After just a few months, you'll be looking for 5k's to race in like I did- amazing!

2 comments:

  1. First off, I Hope you have taken pics of yourself, just not weight loss pics of yourself. In 20, 30, 40 years, your babies won't give a shit if you were a few pounds over your happy weight the year they were born - they'll just be sad if there are no pics of their Mommy with them as babes. Just saying!

    Second, I'm so going to check out the couch to 5K program you linked to. I need to get motivated to run again! I've never been a huge runner, but when I was at my goal weight in college was the year I'd run every morning, and I really want to get back to that.

    Maybe post next week about good protein snacks you've found. I consistently don't get enough protein I think. :P

    WElcome to WWW!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How tall are you to have a BMI of only 27 with the same weight as me? I'm curious. Okay a bit jealous too and I'm 5'7".

    Good luck on the couch to 5k program. Usually I walk about a mile a day just around the house. I have a pedometer that tells me all sorts of good things about my "exercising".

    ReplyDelete