Tuesday, September 13, 2011

An Ode to Cat

B and I figured now would be a good time to take a little moment to recognize our first "child"- the little one who wakes us up every morning if we're sleeping through the alarm and comes to greet us at the door whenever we get home.  She's been so much more than just a cat- she's our first child.  And I know what you're thinking, cats can't be companions like dogs can...I was right there with you before I met this little grey cat.  She's just as much companion as any dog I've seen, just maybe a little more on her own time than ours.  But she's cuddled me when I've been sad, she's sat beside me as I've laid sick in bed, and she's followed me around non-stop meowing at me until I realized I had forgotten to feed her that day- she's the perfect animal.

So here's a bit of an ode to Cat: soon-to-be-big-sister (whether she accepts it or not)!

Camera shy- what a little diva...

Her favorite position, lounging! On the floor of our old apartment...

Family photo with the Snugg.ies! Christmas 2009

Sunbathing, another favorite pastime

She was right there beside me (sometimes on top of me if I'd let her) when I was laid up in bed in those first weeks...

She'll sleep on anything soft

Her all time favorite spot- cuddling with Daddy!

More sunbathing

She's always sleeping in our bed

Tormented by a tiny lizard on the outside of the window- this went on for about 20 minutes, poor thing!



So to our precious little T- just because there may be a couple new babies of the house soon, you'll always be our first child.  And don't think that hiding under the bed can save you, either- they'll come and find you...

1 comment:

  1. I have just spent 2 hrs reading your entire blog! I am so happy for your outcome and so look forward to hearing your birth story :)

    Congratulations!

    Sara (mom of 5! :) )

    ReplyDelete