Friday, September 2, 2011

28 Weeks (pics and video!!!)

I was so excited for this milestone...but somehow it sort of just passed and I'm moving right along.  I don't know if that means that I'm feeling a lot more comfortable with the pregnancy and the outcome now or if maybe I'm just working too much to stop and really appreciate all that's going on.  Hmm.

Went to the doctor yesterday and everything looks fabulous! We got a good long look at both luckies and they're growing right on schedule.  Little Lady is measuring in at about 2 lbs 9 oz, around the 65 percentile.  Big Bubba is still holding true to his nickname and weighing 2lbs 13oz.  I didn't see what percentile that is...but it's higher than 65 :)

They were moving all over the place and we got a 3D pic of Bubba this time but not Lady, she was turned toward my back the whole time, wouldn't roll over.  He, on the other hand, rolled around probably 3 times just during the ultrasound! The 3D pic looks sort of alien-like this time because there's a shadow on his nose and it makes him look like he doesn't have one...so I'm not gonna post that.  I'll post the 2D profile pic (which definitely shows our little man does, in fact, have a nose- maybe even a big one ;)


I mean, look at that nose- and those LIPS! :) So cute. Big Bubba at 28 weeks.

I do know I was supposed to add the 3D pic of Lady from last visit- so here's that one:


Kinda hard to see, but Little Lady is sort of turned at an angle looking off to the side.  Can you see her little mouth, nose, and eyes?  26 weeks

And instead of a standard belly pose for this week, I figured I'd show you my favorite part of this pregnancy, watching my little ones move around! There have actually been times when someone from across a room as shouted out "Oh MAN! I just saw your stomach jump like crazy!".  That was at work. Awkward. But I liked it.  This isn't the best video- they don't do it on command (yet, I'm working on training them...) ;) I just took it while I was sitting here typing. I added the little object to give you better perspective on their movements. There's some good jumps right at the beginning then in the middle, and then they stopped.



Please excuse the short-shorts.  I'm still in my PJ's :)  And I spared you my shirt- although I am somehow still wearing my favorite shirt of all time.  It says "Say NO! to Drugs and Alcohol" like it's spray painted onto a brick wall...I got it in 3rd grade. No joke.  I've kept it ever since and it's the softest shirt on this planet, has about 23 holes, and barely fits over my belly button right now. Sexy.

Doctor went over the fabulous news that at 28 weeks, survival rates are the same as full-term babies.  She then proceed to tell us that at 32 weeks, complications are the same as full-term...which is awesome! I thought 32 week babies had a much higher risk of complications, so that's good to hear. We also found out that we'll be starting 2x per week monitoring at 32 weeks because the chance of stillbirth goes up for twins around there.  I'm doing well though- my blood pressure was up just a bit but perfectly normal (122/72). Cervix is still long and closed. Should hear about the FFN today.

Then we had the "work" discussion.  I've been struggling with work.  Like I alluded to in the beginning of this post, I've started working a whole lot again.  No, nothing like pre-pregnancy. But it's still too much for a twin mama at 28 weeks, for sure.  I'm having a really hard time saying "No". I've taken on too much and now I'm having trouble getting it all done in my 8 hour day, so I end up staying late...cuz I have problems just not finishing the things I start. I blame my parents, they raised me that way :)

So I've been having more and more Braxton Hicks- yesterday morning while I was getting ready for work, I had 5 in 30 minutes. That's bad.  Technically I should have called my doctor, but I knew they would just say "put your feet up, hydrate, rest..." and I also thought I'd wait to see how many I had in an hour, and they dropped off significantly in that second half hour.  So I just went about my day.  Not good. I don't want to stress out the little ones- it's not their fault I have problems calling in or not getting my work done.  Oh, and I'm waking up in the middle of the night thinking about work...and then not being able to fall back asleep.  Two days ago I woke up at 2:15am remembering things I needed to do...then couldn't go back to sleep. I was a wreck all day. (Luckily I went to bed at 7:30pm the night after that cuz I was sooo tired)

So I got a bit of a lecture yesterday by the doc.  Hydrate more. Put your damn feet up. Learn to say no. You're going to have babies soon, what are you thinking? That sort of thing (of course in the sweetest way- she's the nicest doctor I've ever met).  Yes, yes I know. So I proceeded to ask her about some sort of modified work schedule being prescribed to me, which she was of course perfectly happy to hear. She'll sign off on anything that gets me lying down more.

So I'm gonna talk to my boss today about it.  Next week is a four day work week anyway.  Then I think I'll drop down to 3 days a week after that (because if I do a shortened work day...I'll end up working almost a whole day...I just know it).  Then probably move down to 2 days per week and then stop working around 32 or 33 weeks.  This is my last chance at being the best "vessel" I can be- I'm not ever going to be pregnant again and I want to do my best at it.  I'm not doing my best right now because I'm trying to give 100% to too many things.  And that's not where my priorities should be.

I'm sure it will be a good convo with my boss today- she's been awesome the whole time.  I just can't say no when she gives me things...even though she kind of gives me the side eye like "are you sure you can take this on?"...I just say yes and do it.

Ok, enough about that.  The nursery is totally coming together (as far as organization is concerned).  I've done some baby laundry which is just so adorable, but takes a whole lot of folding! Still need to get on that.  The closet is pretty much cleaned out and organized.  We put a storage bench in there so that's holding a lot of the things that don't need to be opened yet (that and our closet- I mean, there's no need to set up the high chairs yet. The little ones won't be able to sit up in those for a few months).

Breast feeding class is next week! B's Daddy Bootcamp was good- and no, they didn't just watch football.  He actually took some notes cuz I told him I wanted details- love it! They practiced changing a diaper on a doll once or twice and talked about all kinds of things like sleep, the moms, post-partum depression... pretty good if you ask me.

Need to finalize the pediatrician asap...oh, and the daycare (kill me now). Can we say "procrastinator"?

3 comments:

  1. I've been obsessed with watching my belly move too. :)

    Definitely force yourself to slow down at work! I'm having a hard time saying no, but it's worth it to make sure the babes come out okay. That's great that your boss is so supportive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! You are in the third trimester and home stretch now :)

    I found weeks 22 - 30 sped by (probably because I wasn't so sick!) so I didn't notice 28 weeks that much either. But once I stopped work at 31 weeks (due to end of contract) time slowed right down and wasn't helped by my HG threatening to return and anaemia. So whilst I'm glad I stopped work then, it did mean time seemed to slow right down. I'm 37 weeks tomorrow so am officially giving our little one his eviction notice... we're full-term and it's about time he came out and let his mama stop feeling so sick ;) Never thought we'd get to this point... and I keep having to remind myself that however uncomfortable I am I should be treasuring every moment as we're only doing this once too!

    Loved the video with the movements. My mum said she'd never seen a baby move as much as ours does but then I found out last week that he is laying with his back to my back, which means he is kicking my belly all the time which explains why his movements are so much more visible than in women whose babies are facing their back. I have to say that although I'm a bit worried about how his position is going to affect the labour (especially as I am getting serious cramping these days already) I am glad in a way he is facing my front and kicking forwards as it means I truly get to treasure each kick :)

    You take it easy... none of that work-guilt!! I made myself so ill overdoing it at work because of the same work ethic you mentioned and we want to make sure those luckies of yours stay in there as long as possible and with the least amount of discomfort to you (not sure how the latter stage of pregnancy is supposed to be comfortable for anyone, especially a mama of twins, but I'm sure it can be made far more uncomfortable than needs be by overdoing it!) So put those feet of yours up and rest xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaah that is the coolest video I've ever seen in my life! Thank you for sharing and I'm so happy that you're doing well. Please do take care of yourself despite all of the things going on in your life!

    ReplyDelete