First, I need to send some love to a very dear friend of mine. We went to school together...she's an absolute superwoman. Seriously, if you met her...you'd know.
I just found out that she just had a very scary ruptured ectopic pregnancy- lost a fallopian tube after much internal bleeding. She's such a warrior but I know that this has to be incredibly hard for her. What a devastating loss. Please, please send some positive thoughts/prayers/vibes to my friend. I know she's been following my journey through this blog and she's so supportive, even when this time needs to be about her. Please know I'm thinking about you, C- I'm so, so sorry. All my love. Please let me know what I can do for you.
The change in my appointment date...
I'll start by saying, I'm SUCH a diva. I remembered that our last cycle was EXACTLY the same timing during the week as this one. Retrieval on Thursday. Transfer on Tuesday. Beta on a Thursday. Which means...those of us who know the UBER importance of the "doubling time" for a positive beta...you don't get to know if it's increasing, decreasing, or doubling until the next MONDAY if your clinic won't do weekend betas.
My clinic doesn't do weekend betas.
And B leaves on Sunday.
So I'm sitting here thinking about how I can't wait til Thursday...I'm feeling like maybe, just maybe, we'll get a beta that's actually considered relatively normal (not 12...). I mean, our luckies had such a different "quality" compared to P&D...that's got to give us a better chanceon the beta front, right? (I keep telling myself as I'm sitting here with really NO pregnancy symptoms to help me out). But then I think that maybe my betas are just low...and it will come back with like a 20 or something that's not great even if it's positive. And then that next beta is CRAZY important again.
And I can't handle 1) waiting all weekend for a quadruple doubling rather than waiting two days for a doubling beta report and 2) B leaves on Sunday so then he'll be gone when we get the results.
And I'm a weak, weak little diva. I need my B to hold my hand.
So I called Dr.Z/L's office (I gotta figure out who my f'ing doctor is) and started with "I've got a really melodramatic request". Haha.
They brought Jen, my nurse, on the phone who scolded me with "you know we choose 9dp5dt for a reason. Why are you asking?" So then I told her my little drama and she said that they could do it for me as long as I understand that the number will be lower.
Oh honey, I understand beta hell all too well. (Refer to new addition on my sidebar chronicalling IVF #1...I hadn't been able to do this until very recently. I hadn't even looked at "how far along I was" type stuff until very recently.)
SO...drumroll...divaness wins again! We have our beta at 8dp5dt on Wednesday morning at 8:45 now. So IF it comes back positive we can do the follow-up on Friday rather than the following Monday. That's a big IF, I know. I hate if. Everything about that word.
Anyway, so, two more days. I can do two more days!